Family Walks to Discover North Wales
Disgrifiad | Description
- ISBN: 9781845241377
- Author: Anna Francis, Graham Francis
- Publication July 2009
- Format: Paperback, 210x148 mm, 196 pages
A collection of twenty-one graded circular family walks reflecting the rich beauty of the landscape, the nature and history of north and central Wales, comprising clear maps and directions, together with interesting information about places of local interest. 120 line drawings and 23 maps. A new edition of a book published in 2001; ISBN 9780863816796.
This book is written for the rambler whose enjoyment comes from the sights to be seen and the places to be discovered along the way. It is to such people that walking becomes an enjoyable way of leaving the jostle of every day living far behind.
Consequently the purpose of this book is to introduce the reader to walks that are not too strenuous, but that are high on interest value. Such walking provides a healthy and enjoyable means of linking these places. It is a celebration of the countryside and also a help for others to discover it. Each walk has been carefully selected for its scenery as well as its potential to stimulate curiosity about the local environment. Each walk also takes the limitations of younger walkers into consideration, being of relatively short distances and largely covering terrain that should not overtax children, or be too perilous for them. The following features have also been included to help you add to your enjoyment.
1. Each walk is introduced by a pictorial map that creates a visual image of the whole walk.
2. The essential facts about each route are summarised in a box for you to check its suitability to your requirements.
3. The places of interest are described in detail.
4. Every walk is copiously illustrated in fine line drawings.
5. A detailed description and easy to follow sketch map may help you find your way.